Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Free Will Astrology

I'm not normally a big believer in horoscopes (I enjoy astrology, but find the idea that my month/week/day will be identical to everyone else with my sun sign a bit far fetched). This does not stop me from loving Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology, however. His weekly horoscopes are part poetry, part inspiration, and only part prediction.

For instance, this is what just arrived in my in-box:

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Though Wales is at the same latitude as Siberia, it's free of frigid tundra. Still, its climate isn't exactly balmy. Cool, cloudy, damp days are common. That's why Welsh horticulturalists cheered with shocked exultation last summer, when three outdoor banana plants produced fruit at the National Botanical Garden. It was an unprecedented miracle. I predict a comparable development for you, Cancerian. A source that has never been more than lukewarm will get downright tropical. An influence that has been inhospitable to your passion will become fertile and welcoming. As a result, you will bloom in a way you never have before.


If you ignore the implications of global warming, that horoscope is downright inspiring. I can only hope that it holds a kernel of truth for the coming week. I had a completely unexpectedly wonderful day at work today, so it's certainly getting off on the right foot!

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

Fascinating! I hope he's right in his prediction. I don't look at astrology as horoscopes, which are fun. I do believe there is something to where the planets were when we were born. Goodness knows I am an Aquarius through and through!

I am totally signing up for those horoscopes BTW (sheepish grin). Thanks!