Sunday, November 9, 2008

Greeting the sun

Since today was so gorgeous, I decided to try working with the sun a bit. I work with the moon fairly as an entity fairly often, so i don't know why it never occurred to me to do the same with the sun. Perhaps it's because I feel more aligned with the domain of the moon: intuition, feeling, oceans. But that's really a false dichotomy isn't it? I live more in the light of the sun than the moon. Distancing myself from that energy is just foolish.

Has anyone else ever realized that they were creating a false dichotomy which was holding them back? I'd be curious to hear about it.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

The sun energy is supposed to have more male symbolism to it which makes it a bit of a challenge for me and I find the sun to usually be quite painful. Yet after days of darkness, I am happy that there is sunshine here now. During the winter we learn just how important the sun is!