Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reading

I'm far enough into the new year intentions that I set to have run into some walls, and even to have begun breaking through the other side of some of them, so that is good. I am currently reading four books, each of which has been helpful in some way.

1. Kissing the Limitless by T. Thorn Coyle
I have fallen in love with this book. It's the perfect book at the exact time I needed it. She writes about the process of becoming fully self-possessed in order to make yourself ready for real spiritual work. It's chock full of fantastic writing and great exercises to get you paying attention to your thoughts an actions and learning to use that knowledge. I'm doing her cleansing life flow exercise every day now before I make dinner, and it makes a huge difference in my energy level. In all ways, this book has loaned power and energy to my intentions.

2. The Tree of Enchantment by Orion Foxwood
This is the book that goes along with the Faery Seership training I started in September. I find it useful to reread parts of it periodically to keep me on the right path.

3. The Waking Dream by Ray Grasse
This is a fairly academic tome, and really fascinating. It's a reread for me, but I don't think I fully appreciated it the first time through. The book describes the symbolic world view as which we use so much in our magic and ritual, and provides a very thorough discussion of synchronicity.

4. Sweat Your Prayers by Gabrielle Roth
I first read this book back in 2006, and fell in love with it. I've no idea why or how I then wandered away from the practice within, but I'm determined not to make that mistake again! She writes about dance as a spiritual practice and outlines a series of 5 rhythms corresponding to different types of energy. It's a really great way to move your spiritual practice into your body, especially for someone like me who tends to be extremely airy and cerebral -- it feels really good to bring some fire and earth into my spirituality!

No comments: