Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years blue moon intention setting ritual

Last night I did the New Years Eve Blue Moon intention ritual as planned. It was a simple thing. Before the ritual began, I wrote out each intention on a post it note. My intentions for this year were "Put myself forward," "Make mental health a priority," "Keep my practical affairs in order," "Keep growing," "Pursue spiritual growth," and "Trust the process." Once I was in ritual I simply read my intentions out loud, saying a bit about each one as I did, and then stuffing the post it into a small glass jar. I plan to either bury them once it gets warmer or maybe find a better jar (I worry about whether the bright green dye will leech toxic chemicals into my yard). I toasted the moon, Freya, the Wild God, Freunde, Jack, and Squirrel with some Woodchuck Amber, and that was that.

It felt good, but not all that dramatic. Some rituals are more about affirming something that is already in progress then about making a sudden dramatic change or creating something new. I've been working hard on this for several days now, and have been implementing changes and suggestions as I think of or encounter them, so that shouldn't be too surprising.

No comments: