Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Depression owns my ass

Depression has been kicking my ass these past weeks, and I haven't had the energy to do much of anything, including spiritual pursuits. Even though I know that spending time at my altar would likely help, it's hard to force myself to do it. That said, I did manage to do some journeying today and consult my spirit guides. I spoke with Bactrian Camel, who offered to help me through rough patches, and s/he was welcoming and open to renewing our relationship. I know that I would do well to try to have some contact with my spirit friends every day, particularly during this dark time. I'll do the best I can -- even if I can't manage daily contact.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! Ugh, I can also relate. I am constantly fighting off depression but recently just decided to wait for it to pass. There is only so much you can do. It's a cycle. I believe that it will lift one day, for both of us.

If you get any good advice, please share it. I'd love to hear it. And thanks for the bday wishes!