Monday, March 24, 2008

Ostara 2008

I hope everyone had a joyful spring equinox! I had a nice quiet ritual -- the most traditional ritual I've ever done for this holiday, actually, complete with natural dyed eggs and seed blessing. I rather enjoyed the fact that it came so close to Easter this year, as well, since it meant that I enjoyed Easter dinner rather more than is usual for me. Perhaps that is why I indulged in the egg dying, too.

And the seasons are almost cooperating -- while the weather on the actual day of the equinox was cold, cloudy, and generally uninspiring, things have been looking up since then, and I even saw my first crocus' of the season today! I have faith that spring proper is on its way. For once, I'm outraged at the climatic inability to deliver spring on schedule. It's a pleasant change, really.

(There are pictures of the eggs, but my new camera is not playing nicely with my computer yet, so those will have to wait until later.)

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That sounds like a lovely celebration! I wish I could see those eggs, I love the idea of natural egg dying. Thank you for letting us know flowers are on their way, so hard to believe considering this horrid weather.

Anonymous said...

Yay, crocuses! Ours have come and gone... I am now watching the grape hyacinth maturing, and I'm eagerly awaiting the tulips!

Spring blessings!

Suzie Ridler said...

I hope you do try making a pendant with an acorn! Oh how wonderful that would be, I was thinking of doing that too. Please let me know how it goes OK?