Monday, December 3, 2007

The spirits, they are silly

Do other people get messages from the spirits in bizarre and ridiculous ways, or is it just me?

I woke up this morning with the following lyrics stuck in my head

"Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
is the one thing you can't see.
Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes round the moon.
Just when I thought our chance had passed
you went and saved the best for last."

Not terribly spiritual, right? Just a pop song that I was attached to in high school (it reflected my love life rather well, except for the bit where the song eventually got the guy).

Well, I was walking through the snow to get back to my car after an appointment, and started singing to myself. And then it all became clear. My panic about having to have an honest to goodness real full-time professional job.... it'll be ok. I can't see it now, but I *will* find what I need there.

And then, for the kicker, I briefly (just for a split second) visualized my spirit friends hooked arm in arm and swaying as they sang along with me. Considering that only two of them are even vaguely humanoid, this was quite a ridiculous sight. Though not as bad as the time they showed up in matching scarves and sunglasses (one of them knits).

Anyway, I think this may well qualify for "Most Bizarre Communication from Spirit Ever." Feel free to share your own nominations for the title.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

Perhaps they speak to you that way because it helps them stand out and that they are just quirky spirits being themselves. I don't get a lot of signs from the other side, I wish I did. I do get special knowledge. Like I'm really good at finding things. They just flash in my mind as to where they are. My dreams used to be my clairvoyant vessel but I've stopped sleeping again, I feel so lost without them.